GODZILLA

GODZILLA
Who would name a boat Godzilla?.?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I was taking a break from installing the new anchor system today and got the urge to write something. Maybe it's laziness or the Poco song I was listening to. (Follow Your Dreams). I have the attention span of a gnat, LOL


I have to remember to not get too hung op on the preparation of this adventure. It sometimes becomes the primary focus. I DO enjoy working on the boat, but I still have a life someplace out there.


For years I have read of people who planned a great escape only to have life interrupt somewhere along the way because they had to have EVERYTHING perfect. My solution is to set a date and leave no matter what projects I have not completed. So, my date is the last week in October. This puts me at the end of hurricane season and should make for a smooth passage south.


One of the toughest things I have to deal with is leaving family and friends. To be honest, I'm missing them already and I haven't even left!


About 2 years ago I started writing a book of my life experiences. I don't expect it to be made into a movie (well, maybe a comedy) but my intention is to have some kind of record for my kids (and maybe grandchildren)to read long after I've finished my 3 score and ten. I'm hoping the urge to write continues after I leave in October so I can finish it.


A couple of days ago I woke up and found out I was 50. Yesterday I woke up and I was 61. Where does the time go? My best-friend-ever , Marshall, told me a few days before he died that the one thing he wished for was more time. I never forget just how he said that to me. So, my motto…"If not now, when??"


More later………..