GODZILLA

GODZILLA
Who would name a boat Godzilla?.?

Friday, December 6, 2013

Back in Mazatlan......

New look for Godzilla....!!!

Michael goin rustic.....
October 2012 saw me back in Mazatlan trying to get enough of my electrical issues resolved so I could head south. After buying a used inverter, which only partly worked, Wally, Christine and I headed to La Cruz for a month.

This ended up being a partial disaster as the seemed to be some bug going around. A lot of cruisers were sick part of the time including Wally and me. We DID have a great dock party and also had a great Christmas dinner before we all went down for the count. Christine got a block of Yellowfin Tuna from a fellow cruiser so we had surf and turf to die for.

Christine bailed on us shortly after because she said the aliens were coming after her, and she also claimed the Russians were trying to breed a super-race with Siberians and the Yeti. Maybe it was best she went back to Cabo.

Wally and I sailed back to Mazatlan, both sick as dogs. Not a pleasant ride in that regard. I spent the rest of the season in Mazatlan with a broken boat. Not a lot I could do until I returned to the U.S. for parts.

One good thing was my son Michael flew down in May for a week. He drove back to the U.S. with me at the end of May. That was a real treat!.
Make Sand-Weeetch!!!!
Two cool guys.....!!!!



During the summer I got a call from Rick in Mazatlan asking if I wanted to deliver a boat to Ensenada. In need of $$, I agreed and with my friend Ed Staples we flew down in August to deliver "Hotel California north. Ed wrote a great little piece about our adventure north but I can;t seem to figure out how to share it here, LOL.......In any event it was 7 days to Ensenada and what Ed and I both thought was one of the smoothest Baja bashes either of us had done. Aboard was the new owner ( it is a 47" powerboat). Duane turned out to be a great guy and we all had a great time.

In October I drove solo back to Mazatlan (3 days) to get some more projects finished. My boat has sat for nearly a year without going anywhere and it shows. She looks great, but anytime you leave and old girl idle, she revolts.

My plan for this season is to return to the Sea of Cortez this spring and spend at least 3 months exploring all the places I missed two season ago. Also not to wait so long till I update this damn blog!!!
Hard at work......