GODZILLA

GODZILLA
Who would name a boat Godzilla?.?

Friday, February 24, 2012

North or South.....???

After I returned to Mazatlan Jan 5th. the decision on my next destination had to be made. I really love Mazatlan and all the new friends I have made here. But the winds of change have started to blow, and I need to go someplace else for a while. Cruisers frequently get stuck in one place...their boats becomming nothing more than floating condos. I need to snorkle, fish and live on the hook (anchor) for a time. Away from marina life till it's time to go back to the U.S. this summer......

My choices are: Head back south to the places I visited last year, but go a bit further to Manzanillo. Santiago Bay is supposed to be very nice. Clean, clear water and an great anchorage. Along the way, I can re-visit Chacala, La Cruz, Chemala, Tenacatita, and Bara de Navidad. All familiar places I enjoyed. I can make this run solo, like I did before and return to Mazatlan in June to put Godzilla to bed for the summer. It's about 400 miles each way. I know there will be a lot of other boats crusing this area then . I'll get to re connect with people I have met along the way from Mazatlan and my time down there last year.

Or....Wait  till the end of March and go north in the Sea of Cortez. This is the earliest time to go, as winds and cold weather prevail up there before then. If I choose that direction I'll probibly stay till a bit later in the season to enjoy the incredible diving and fishing. It's quite a bit more isolated in the anchorages, so I think I'll try and convince some unsuspecting crew to go with me for company, LOL

Elvira's Party



Elvira
In the meantime , Elvira, our marina manager had left us and we through her a huge party at Christie's. Elvira had been one of the reasons so many cruisers keep their boats in Mazatlan. She speaks perfect English and does so many things that most managers wont do. It was a great event, and about 85 people attended.




Before I coud even think about leaving, we HAD to have a Super Bowl party......Heres a few pix from that event.....Go Giants!!!
Donna and Kathryn

John and Ed

Captain Sam


Jack trying to dance

Julie Mazatlan and her sister Sue
Kathy, Sam and Mara, who owns Calypso, where we all hang for mornincoffee





Next post: Which way did he go?....Which way did he go...?